Seven Segment Display
What is a Seven Segment Dispaly
A seven–segment display (SSD), or seven-segment indicator, is a form of electronic display device for displaying decimal numerals that is an alternative to the more complex dot matrix displays. Seven–segment displays are widely used in digital clocks, electronic meters, basic calculators, and other electronic devices.
How to make a seven segment display
To make a seven segment display we need the following things
1. A cardboard box
2. 7 LED
4. Arduino microcontroller
Lets make it
1. Firstly take a cardboard box.
2. Cut it into pieces
3. Cut strips of 3cm from two of them
4. Draw the shape of 8 from them with width 2 cm
5. Now bend the strips in the shape of a hexagon as shown
6. Bend seven of them
7. Now paste them on the cardboard
8. Cut the extra part of cardboard
9. Take a aluminium foil
10. Paste it inside the segments.
11. Make holes in each segment
12. Put LEDs in each segment
13. Bend the poles of LEDs
14. Now connect negative poles of LEDs with a black wire
15. Connect each positive terminal of LEDs to pins D2 to D8 on Arduino
16. Take a thermocoal sheet
17. Paste it on each segment
Now the display is ready.
Connect it with computer and upload the program.
Program will be uploaded soon or comment your email i will send you the program with circuit diagram on email.